Mr. Md. Rezaul Karim was born in Purbadhala Upazila under Netrakona District. He is presently working as a Lecturer at the Department of Law, Leading University, Sylhet.
He graduated in Law with the successful completion of LL.B. (Honours) degree in 2016 from the Department of Law, University of Dhaka and also obtained his LL.M. (General) degree in 2017 securing first class respectively from the same University. He submitted a thesis in the field of “International Commercial Arbitration”.
He completed his SSC in 2010 and HSC in 2012 obtaining GPA-5.00 & Golden GPA-5 respectively and secured Education Board Scholarship (Talentful) in both the exams.
Previously he was an Adjunct Faculty in the Department of Law, Leading University from the 9th October, 2018 to 30th June, 2019 where he taught Land Laws of Bangladesh, Legal History of Bangladesh and other subjects in legal arena. Before that he completed internship in a renowned corporate law firm named ‘Vertex Chambers’ located in Banani, Dhaka.
1. Former trainee of a training course on “International Refugee Law and UNHCR’s Protection Mandate” held at Dhaka from October, 2017 to March, 2018 by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)-Bangladesh.
2. Participator in the Law Clinic (Clinical Legal Education Program) led by the Department of Law of the University of Dhaka with the aid of Maxwell Stamp (PLC) and DFID and in partnership with Bangladesh Legal Aid and Services Trust (BLAST).
3. Ex-cadet of Bangladesh National Cadet Corps (BNCC)-Air Wing under the Dhaka University Contingent and joined Squadron ATE-2015/01 from 22 May, 2015 to 31 May, 2015 as a Senior Cadet.
4. Ex-member of the Dhaka University Moot Court Society (DUMCS), Dhaka University Debating Society (DUDS), Sir A F Rahman Hall Debating Club and participated into various sessions & competitions.
5. Alumni of South Asian Youth Society (SAYS), a non-profit regional youth development organization, registered in Bangladesh and successfully participated one year long SAYS Young Fellowship Challenge 2015-16.
6. Attendee to the BIPSOT-Dhaka University Joint Seminar on “Violence Against Women and Children in Armed Conflict-Role of United Nations Peacekeepers' Operation" on 24th July, 2017.
7. Former President of Jurists’ Society and member of Renaissance Executive Council (REC) of F Rahman Debating Club, University of Dhaka.
Moreover, he has been in a close touch with various nonprofit socio-legal voluntary organizations in Bangladesh through which he works for raising social awareness, provides human rights & public health protection trainings and continues other pro-people activities.
Mr. Karim is interested in Intellectual Property law, Land Law, International Human Rights Law, Constitutional Law, Family Law, Law of Crimes, Civil Litigation and Public International Law.