Welcome to the Competitive Programming page of Leading University. We conduct regular workshops to sharpen the problem-solving skills of our students. If you want to try your luck in programming contests, you have arrived in the right place.
Department of Computer Science & Engineering conducts workshops and arranges contests through out the year. Leading University Computer Club (LUCC) also arranges several intra- and inter-university programming contests every year.
- The Junior Programming Workshop starts in the first week of July. Students of 1st and 2nd year of BSc programs are eligible for this workshop. The workshop is conducted in 2 phases. Tentative time-line for the 2-phase workshop is:
* Phase-1: July – November
* Phase-2: December – April
Students have to go through a rigorous selection process for joining this workshop. Around 40 students are selected for the workshop.
- Attendance in the workshop is must. If any student fails to attend two consecutive classes (without a valid reason), (s)he will be expelled from the workshop with no refund.
- If any student do not complete the home-works / participate in the contests regularly, (s)he might also be considered for expulsion (based on workshop instructor’s decision).
- Students who have fulfilled certain criteria after phase-1, will be advanced to phase-2 automatically. They do not have to pay for phase-2. Others have to sit for selection exams again, and have to enroll in phase-2 (if selected) again.
** We reserve few seats for the students of local schools and colleges in the junior workshop. If you are studying in school/college and want to participate in IOI, contact with the Head of the CSE Department.
- Students who complete both phases of the junior workshop successfully, are promoted to the Senior Workshop. Senior workshops are conducted by highly qualified trainers from or outside of Leading University.
- Only the students of senior workshop are considered to take part in national contests and ICPCs. The university authority provides funds for participating in the programming contests.
We maintain a rank-list among the programmers of Leading University. It encourages them to improve their skills and inspires healthy competition. We award the best programmers at the end of each month. The rank-list can be accessed in the following link:
Coder of The Month
- Best Coder of February-2021: Abir Sadat Wasim
- Best Emerging Coder of February-2021: Tanzil Ahmed Tonmoy
- Best Female Coder of February-2021: Anindita Das
Guideline for the Beginners
If anyone wants to learn competitive programming, they can start it by themselves. Many resources are available online to guide the prospective students. We encourage our students to use those resources and start practicing even before joining the junior workshop. Some useful links for starting competitive programming are given below:
Competitive Programming Notices
Junior Workshop for competitive programmers of Leading University will start from July-2020 (if the situation allows). Only the 1st and 2nd year students of CSE, EEE and Civil Engineering departments can participate in the workshop. For the detailed workshop schedule, keep an eye on this page.
Latest News Related to Competitive Programming
বিশ্বখ্যাত প্রযুক্তি ও গবেষণা প্রতিষ্ঠান Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) আয়োজিত IEEEXTREME প্রোগ্রামিং প্রতিযোগিতায় লিডিং ইউনিভার্সিটির শিক্ষার্থীরা অসাধারণ সাফল্য অর্জন করেছেন। IEEEXTREME হচ্ছে একটি বৈশ্বিক অনলাইন প্রোগ্রামিং প্রতিযোগিতা যেখানে সারা বিশ্বের IEEE-র সদস্যপদ-প্রাপ্ত শিক্ষার্থীরা অংশগ্রহণ করেন। এবছর এই প্রতিযোগিতার চতুর্দশ সংস্করণ IEEEXTEME 14 গত ২৪শে অক্টোবর অনলাইনে অনুষ্ঠিত হয়। এতে সারাবিশ্বের বিভিন্ন বিশবিদ্যালয়ের […]Read More...
National Girls Programming Contest-2018 was held on 22nd October 2018 in Daffodil International University. A total of 105 teams from 50 public & private universities participated in that contest. Two teams from LU Computer Science & Engineering Department also participated in that program. Team LU_Pangling_Dointers (Anika Tasin Chowdhury, Ayesha Akter & Jamiya Alom) stood 2nd position among […]Read More...
1. 10th among 149 teams. 2. No.1 University in Sylhet. 3. No.1 Private University in Bangladesh. 4. 4th best university in the country just behind DU, BUET and IUT. We are delighted to inform you that LU_Psychiatrist_Dhekabo_nah stood 10th among 149 teams in National Collegiate Programming Contest (NCPC) 2018held at IUBAT today on 4th August, […]Read More...
The BACS High School Programming Contest 2018 Sylhet Division was held at Leading University, Sylhet on 27th July, 2018. The programming contest was started at 8: 30 am. 34 students from different schools and colleges registered for the event and 17 of them participated. In School category, Daiyaan Noory Dahy from class 10 became champion. […]Read More...
Department of CSE, LU is highly reputed in Bangladesh for their continuous success in Programming and Software Development Competitions. Today a team consisted of 7th semester students of CSE, LU participated in NSU Technovation 2018 National Hackathon Contest and became 1st runner up. They won 10000 BDT. Prize money in the contest. Team members are: […]Read More...
Success in Programming Contest continues for the CSE Department of Leading University. And when it comes to programming, LU female students are also performing exceptionally well just like the male students. Two teams consisted of 6 students from Leading University participated in NSU Inter University Girl’s Programming Competition 2018. Leading University ranked 7th Among all […]Read More...
Leading University CSE Department stood 1st Runner up in Comilla University Programming Contest 2017. LU_SearchingForJuggota comprised of students from CSE Department of LU- Araf Al Jami, Dipta Paul and Komol Sarkar became 1st runner up in Comilla University CSE Fiesta 2017 Programming Contest. The LU team is coached by- Md. Tahmid Rahman Laskar. 37 teams […]Read More...
Leading University becomes champion in Notre Dame University Bangladesh Inter University Programming Contest 2017 today. Champion team comprised of – Araf Al Jami, Dipta Paul and Komol Sarkar. They are students from CSE department. The champion team is coached by Md. Tahmid Rahman Laskar. Teams from SUST, MIST, AUST, IUT, Brac University, Jagannath University, Metropolitan […]Read More...
The most prestigious computer programming contest in the world ACM ICPC-2017 Asia Dhaka Regional held on 11/11/2017 at University of Asia Pacific this year. A total of 150 teams from 85 public and private universities from Bangladesh attended the contest. Two teams form department of CSE, Leading University, Sylhet also participated on that contest. Team […]Read More...
Team “LU Juddha” secured runner-up position at a contest in “RoboVR Techfest 2016”, organized by IIT Bombay on 18th December, 2016. They secured this position in the category of “Sumo Robo Wresting”, an event where robots compete in a certain arena, following a breathtaking final match against an Indian team. In addition, they also stood […]Read More...